If you prefer, you may certainly use the NotePad editor or any other text editor that you are familiar with. Be sure that your editor is set to save files in plain text format.
Starting the Editor:
- To start eh editor, double Click on the "MEdit Text Editor" icon that appears on the desktop desktop.
- Alternatively, you can open any desired editor by clicking on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the Windows screen, then selecting the desired editor from the Programs menu.
Creating a New File:
- Select New from the File menu.
- You will then be prompted to select the type of file you are creating. Select "HTML" from the list of options, so that the editor will recognize and color HTML elements as you type them.
- Click the Select button.
- An Untitled document should then appear in the editor, and you can start typing in that document.
Opening an Existing File:
- Select Open from the File menu.
- Browse to select the desired file.
- Click the OK button.Note: Using MEdit, you can also select the desired file by first specifying the desired Drive in the box (e.g., a:\) and then clicking on the desired file from the listing.
Saving a File:
- Select Save from the File menu.
- If this is a new file, you will be prompted for a file name. Enter the name in the File Name box. If you want the file stored in a location other than the default folder, click on the Save In box and the appropriate folder icons to select the desired location (e.g., the a:\ drive).
- Click OK.
Copying a File:
- Select Save As from the File menu.
- Enter the new file namein the File Name box and select the appropriate folder location.
- Click OK.